Notifications & Messages

Jared Hamilton
From: Jared Hamilton
Hey - It’s time to join the thousands of other dealer professionals on DrivingSales. Create an account so you can get full access to the articles, discussions and people that are shaping the future of the automotive industry.
×
Martin  Saavedra JR

Martin Saavedra JR EVP/Founder

Exclusive Blog Posts

The Inaugural Automotive Excellence Award Winner

The Inaugural Automotive Excellence Award Winner

One of the main reasons DrivingSales exists is to optimize a dealership’s greatest asset: it’s people.  We really enjoy it when we hear of…

Improving the Fixed Ops Customer Experience

Improving the Fixed Ops Customer Experience

AutoLoop - Mike Sowers from DrivingSales on Vimeo.   We collected a lot of interviews at NADA2019, and we're still posting some of the hig…

How security with DevOps can deliver more secure software?

How security with DevOps can deliver more secure software?

Experienced software developers have seen many trends come and go, but DevOps has totally changed the game. DevOps is like an entire technology ecosystem w…

How to Foster Meaningful Communication and Cooperation at Your Dealership

How to Foster Meaningful Communication and Cooperation at Your Dealership

by Melissa Sinclair We’ve all seen it. Different departments in an auto dealership – accounting, customer service, programming, and sales &n…

Three Summer Upsell Questions Service Advisors Can Ask

Three Summer Upsell Questions Service Advisors Can Ask

The 2018 Cox Automotive Service Industry Study gives dealers a chance to laud their service advisors instead of admonishing them. One very important statis…

Increase the Who not the Digital.

We see it time and time again where the digital spend increases but the sales do not. Most dealers still only capture a small percentage of traffic to their site and have to rely on third parties to make up the difference. Of course this take more profit out of the deal really only provide a one time engagement with the customer. 

Dealer need to own the journey. They need to know WHO and WHEN a customer is engage with their content. They need to know when does that customer switch their vehicle consideration and price point so that they can follow up in a more real time and personalized engagement. Having a digital marketing company that creates clicks, VDP's and stalks people on Face Book only to bring them back to the site just to create more clicks does not provide real actionable data to your team. As Dealers you need to know the WHO. 

Remember that if the average dealer is only getting about 2 - 3 % form fills then what about the other 97% of the traffic? Who is still in market and how long have they been in market? How many site visits have they had? These are answers that should be easily displayed within you CRM. If not then you need to find out how do we get the WHO. 

The most important part of digital is the recapture rate and most dealers do have any insight as to what that might be. For our dealer we find that if we recapture 15% of their traffic that is should be able to add another 15 deals per month, new or used. So remember it is important to know your recapture rate. 

Keep selling and keep testing. 

Mark Rask

we are going to try this aproach

Martin  Saavedra JR

Sounds good. I am excited to learn how it pays off. 

 Unlock all of the community & features  Join Now