Sales Operations Manager

Don Willimont

What are the key elements in a successful used car operation? I have heard a wide variety of answers to this question over the years, the right sales people, strong turn policy, big selection, aggressive price model etc etc. We do not have a strong used car department and over the years in the business I have never been in a store that has a "juggernaut" of a used car department but I know they exist.

So what is the "secret sauce" in used car retailing?

Chris K Leslie

I think like any other business it really boils down to culture, leadership and defined process. Without any of those its hard to motivate people. 

Kristen Tepper

We have a client with one specific salesperson who sells about 20-50 used referral vehicles a month. The $$ motivation on both sides seems to be extremely effective for this salesperson, the referring customer and the purchasing customer.

Tom Gregg

I completely agree with Chris Leslie.  The 3 elements Chris listed are the same 3 executed at a top dealer that I worked at and currently at top dealers that are our clients today.  It's the people and the process that needed for culture, leadership and defined processes.

Featured Masters

No members found

Used Car Advertising Products

95%  Recommended Recom'd 218 Ratings
90%  Recommended Recom'd 40 Ratings
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings
Company: Dice Services
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings
Company: Dice Services

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product
Can’t find what you're looking for?