Sold Vehicle Follow-Up?

Derrick Woolfson

This was the topic of conversation this past week; that is making sure we follow-up with the customer after their purchase. As much as we do not want to admit it, we do not call 100% of the customers. How do you keep track of this? Do you have your sales managers call the customers? 

Mark Rask

this is so important 

Mark @ Autobahn Academy

Most advanced CRMs have post-delivery features.

If it's not an existing feature, you must learn how to work around it using the tools/calendar in your CRM to make sure you make it happen.

You should set 24-72h follow-ups, and start following up every 6 months after the sale for feedback, service appointments, etc... Frequent touch points with your clients will increase renewal & referral rates. It's old stuff!

Chris K Leslie

I think aftersale is where many of us fall short. To help that I’ve created aftersale campaigns based on Cardone’s follow up schedule. Seems to work pretty well. 

#protip: if you’re using DealerSocket. Make sure you use a different todo type other than phone calls for this follow up. DealerSocket will skip the todos if a person schedules their own phone call todo at anytime. 

Derrick Woolfson

@Chris, that stinks! And I have not seen his campaign/follow-up before. I need to check that out. 

Derrick Woolfson

@Mark, agreed! If we do not follow-up with the customer how can we expect them to come in for their service!? One of the other things I learned over the years from after sales follow-up is that the customer still might not know about all of their features on the vehicle (pertaining to new vehicles), which gives you the perfect opportunity to help the customer out. I laugh at myself, but I had my car for three years and had no clue that if you held down the unlock button all of the windows/sunroofs would open! LOL. 

Suggested Discussions

forum  Start a Discussion

Featured Masters

No members found

New Car Leads Products

89%  Recommended Recom'd 76 Ratings
94%  Recommended Recom'd 548 Ratings
Company: CarGurus
100%  Recommended Recom'd 31 Ratings
Company: AutoLoop

Rate a Vendor Give feedback in three quick steps

Select a Vendor & Product