Electronic signatures on Out-of-State sales

Matteo Batelli

Hi guys,

We are Florida used car dealer and just wondering, can we do out of state sales via Electronic signatures ? Normally we can and send it to customer they print out scan and send back. Instead of this process can we create a signature fields on Docusign or similar tools to finalize the deals faster ?

Matteo Batelli

Any one ?

JJ Jones

Matteo, In theory if the customer has a docusign app on their device then it is possible. I would be careful on this front though, as a BDC/Internet director I found MANY instances of identity theft trying to complete transactions exclusively online. While I did a number of deals I did have to insist that the paperwork be notarized, especially if we were to arrange financing.  

Matteo Batelli

Jones, we are doing mostly cash sales to Out-of-state. They register the vehicles in another state as you know. Can we do the whole process via Adobe sign or Docusign so it makes the things easier. ? We dont need to do anything with DMV on wholesale or out-of-state cash buyers. I mean customer hasnt sign with hard ink. 

JJ Jones

Either platform will allow you to upload/edit any documents needed for the transaction allowing you to complete the entirety of the transaction online.

Mark Rask

We dont really do this 

Suggested Discussions

Featured Masters

No members found

Miscellaneous Products

85%  Recommended Recom'd 153 Ratings
Company: CDK Global
76%  Recommended Recom'd 65 Ratings
95%  Recommended Recom'd 23 Ratings