tablets for sales people

Mark Rask

We are trying to move all of our new car sales people to tablets....Have any of you tried this? Pros and cons?

Derrick Woolfson

Mark, we use them exclusively in service and have seen a lot more engagement with the customers. As for Sales Consultants, I still think they need a laptop & tablet. It is a bit cumbersome to try and email on a tablet, online chat, etc. But when it comes to presenting the product, etc. the customer seems to be more engaged with the use of a tablet versus their sitting at a desk where they are not a part of the experience. 

Maurizio Fodera

Absolutely. Portability and apps will make it so.

Mike Niebling

Most salespeople would embrace a tablet. The only downside I've seen so far in slow internet speeds. Connectivity needs to reach the lot. 

Randi DeSantis

Our sales teams have both tablets and PCs. I cant say that they use the tablets as much as we thought they would. We use them constantly in F&I and all the time in service- with advisors and techs. 

Gloria Powers

I have  both, but I do think the tablets are cumbersome.  I work much faster on a desk top, and only use the tablet as an extra tool. 

Suggested Discussions

Featured Masters

No members found

Marketing Solutions Products

95%  Recommended Recom'd 41 Ratings
Company: Edmunds
0%  Recommended Recom'd 0 Ratings
Company: Driven Data
98%  Recommended Recom'd 84 Ratings
Company: TradePending
100%  Recommended Recom'd 29 Ratings
Company: AutoLoop